Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm calling it. . . .Juicy Fruit Watermelon

Alright, so in my mail on Saturday I got a personally addressed little envelope. Most of the time that means you are being invited somewhere, someone is saying thank you, and in my case sometimes it's something random from my mom. . .which is a story for another day.

So, I open the envelope up and as I suspected it was an invitation to a baby shower (babies everywhere!!) Well, I don't know about you, but my first thought was CRAP! Why didn't I start anything yet!! Which was followed by - NEXT SATURDAY? What can I make by next Saturday? Well, because as a knitter, you cannot go to a baby shower of a person who knows you are a knitter with out, well a hand knitted gift. So I did what I do best, I ran out to Michael's after work and bought the chunkiest baby yarn I could find in the colors. . .pink and green. I then though to myself, what will be the fastest kind of blanket to make? NO, not a pinwheel, but what I call 'Aunt Eleanor's dishcloth.' After debating how to use the two colors (strips, vertical, horizontal, diagonal?) I decided to do the border in green and the inside in pink. Now maybe you will understand why I am calling it : Juicy Fruit Watermelon.











I didn't like it as first, but it's growing on me. Now the big question is, should I just keep going and leave it plain, or should I put her initial in the middle. . .and if I do so, should I use the green, white of the same yarn OR lambie pie?

Give me some comments!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it. The pink and green look good together and, you're right, it's a fairly fast knit, especially in thick yarn.

MsLindz said...

I say leave it plain.

Anonymous said...

I like it the way it is. All I am seeing as an accent color is black. lol {seeds} Might not be a good baby shower color but sure would be cute.

Anonymous said...

Liesl.. I really like it!! I think her initial would be really cute but everyone else says plain so that would be cute too!!!

Beth said...

I think plain, too. An initial will add to the time it takes to make it.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the initial in the middle, however, it would depend on your time. I haven't done one yet, but was planning to for my niece (socks need to get done first). In the past I knitted in intials, and recently saw one in a book that was embrodiery. Sounds easy enough. I'll bring it tomorrow for you to check out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leisl, this is Lisa. I don't know how to make this thing know who I am. Anyway, I like little black seeds on it. But it's really cute how it is right now. Bring it Wednesday night so we can all see!